[TUHS] What do you currently use for your primary OS at home?

Åke Nordin ake.nordin at netia.se
Fri Mar 8 08:20:23 AEST 2024

On 2024-03-07 07:47, Jeffry R. Abramson wrote:
> simpler and was just wondering what do other old timers use for their
> primary home computing needs?

Primarily OpenBSD. Some Raspberry Pi still runs their (Debian-based IIRC) Linux.
The people that pay me so I can buy toys make me run Ubuntu LTS. Since I still
need to work, that is what I use the most, but I can't say I'm particularly
delighted by it.

The reason for OpenBSD is primarily that I'm lazy, as it tends to Just Work(tm).
Especially on the thinkpads that I happen to favor. I used to know a few of their
devs, so it was easy for me to begin using it.

--
Åke Nordin <ake.nordin at netia.se>, resident Net/Lunix/telecom geek.
Netia Data AB, Stockholm SWEDEN *46#7O466OI99#