[TUHS] History of non-Bell C compilers?

Marc Rochkind mrochkind at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 10:30:24 AEST 2024

Larry & Dave, thanks for jogging my memory. I'm pretty sure it was BDS C on
that z80 Zenith computer. (See my longer post above.)

I should add that around 1984 I got a copy of PC/IX for the IBM XT,
directly from Interactive Systems in Santa Monica, where I knew a few
people. That was true UNIX, System III, I think, and I used it for all of
the examples for my book "Advanced UNIX Programming," which came out in
1985. It, of course, had a real Bell Labs C compiler.

Marc

--
*My new email address is mrochkind at gmail.com <mrochkind at gmail.com>*