[TUHS] early unix rand

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Thu Mar 14 06:34:27 AEST 2024

Prof Kahan's Floating Point Test Program - the original from his and his
students in his computer arithmetic seminar wrote during my days at UCB:
https://www.netlib.org/paranoia/
Kahan was always miffed at how bad the different floating point units were
- (Seymour was notorious for being fast but not very precise on most of his
FP units).
Here is an updated FORTRAN 90 version:
https://people.math.sc.edu/Burkardt/f_src/paranoia/paranoia.html
ᐧ