[TUHS] speak and speech synthesis
ron minnich via TUHS
tuhs at tuhs.org
Thu Sep 17 05:53:43 AEST 2026
at udel, we once set up to have the votrax call the student radio station
and talk to the DJ. They were quite unconvinced that it was a computer
talking to them. We never figured out what made it not credible.
On Wed, Sep 16, 2026 at 9:22 AM Johan Helsingius via TUHS <tuhs at tuhs.org>
wrote:
> On 16/09/2026 5:31 pm, Cameron Tyre via TUHS wrote:
> > I appreciate your efforts. I think it's easy to forget how impressive
> that would have sounded in the early 1980s or thereabouts. It reminds me of
> the Speak & Spell!
>
> I always remember Peter Langston's "Eddie & Eedie and reggaebots",
> (as featured on the CD that came with the USENIX Computing Systems
> special on computer music.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l0Ko1GUiSo&list=RD1l0Ko1GUiSo
>
> Julf
>
>
More information about the TUHS
mailing list