[TUHS] speak and speech synthesis

Jaap Akkerhuis via TUHS tuhs at tuhs.org
Thu Sep 17 23:10:02 AEST 2026


I do have the CD that usenix public with that had this (and other music stuff) on it somewhere

> Edie and Eddie were a blast, as was the rest of the Redphone system.   The thing answered the phone…
> 
> Bell Communications Research
> (long pause)
> Yes, Operator!  I’ll accept the charges.
> 
> Of course, we had to try calling it collect.

Being on the receiving end of the redphone tests I once got the number to
dial the first version of this.  I complained that it was fun but, given
I was on another continent and the time to took to listen all it, it was
a bit hard on the phone bill.  The reaction was, try again, and then it
started with the Yes operator bit,

	jaap



More information about the TUHS mailing list