[TUHS] 4.3BSD User Contributed Software Volume?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sun Jun 18 06:37:39 AEST 2023

On Sat, 17 Jun 2023, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Jun 2023, segaloco via TUHS wrote:
> > It's a binder amongst other 4.3BSD binders like the reference manuals
> > and supplementary documents but this one is labeled "User Contributed
> > Software (UCS)".  I can't find any of these in the doc folder of the
> > 4.3BSD copies in the archive nor can I find a scan of the originals.
> > There is an overview at the start listing the following packages:  B,
> > X, ansi (VAX tape tools), apl, bib, courier, cpm, dipress, dsh, emacs,
> > enet, help, hyper, icon, jove, kermit, mh, mkmf, mmdf, news, notes,
> > npl00, patch, path alias, rcs, rn, spms, sumacc, sunrpc, tac, tools,
> > umodem, and xns.

Also see
4.3BSD-Reno src/share/doc/ucs/Cover

csrg-archives/disk2 4.3reno/usr/src/share/doc/ucs/Cover

.TL
User Contributed Software
.LP
The subtree /usr/src/new contains programs contributed by the user
community.  The following software is included:
.DS
.TS
center, box;
l l l.
Directory       Description     Contributor(s)
_

The Makefile above it says: # index, iso, and ucs aren't done yet