[TUHS] What do you currently use for your primary OS at home?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sat Mar 9 02:09:07 AEST 2024

On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 2:42 PM Douglas McIlroy <
douglas.mcilroy at dartmouth.edu> wrote:

Because I sometimes use ArcMap, I run Windows.

I run Windows because it's easy to get third-party maintenance for Windows
or Mac, and Windows is easier to tune.

Cygwin plus the sam editor make me feel at home.

Ditto, except I don't like TUI editors, so I use `ex` and drop into `vi'
mode when I need to bounce on the % key when doing Lisp.  The benefits of
`sam -d` over `ex` aren't big enough to justify changing years of habit.

The main signs of Microsoft are the desktop, Bing, File Explorer and Task
> Manager.

I use both Edge/Bing and Chrome/Google depending on what's integrated with
them.