[TUHS] What do you currently use for your primary OS at home?

Wesley Parish wobblygong at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 20:07:22 AEST 2024

I've used Microsoft products on many an occasion; I have to say, they
did lift their game as time went on. I have used Windows 3.x, but
generally the times I installed it on my 486 generally led to me erasing
it for something less fragile. My current main box is Fedora, and before
that it was Kubuntu, and before that it was Win 8.1 and before that Win
76.x - economics; those were the only machines I could then afford when
my PCLinuxOS box died. I've played around with OpenSolaris, which was an
eye-opener for someone who'd used Linux almost exclusively since I'd got
my hands on Slackware 3.x on CDROM, before transitioning to Mandrake
9.0, and thence to PCLinuxOS.

Though, Linux is still more robust than Windows - I've got a PC running
MS Win10, which has shown me a blank white screen the last time I booted
it, while the time Fedora had a display driver issue, I was able to
update the system the following day and solved that issue in the process.

Wesley Parish