Help installing X11R4 on sparc OS 4.0.3

Frank Caggiano fcaggian at kepler.com
Sat Aug 11 06:35:12 AEST 1990

System: Sparc Sun OS 4.0.3c, 16 mb memory color monitor.

This is a new install not an upgrade from R3.  The problem occurs if I
apply the patches in the fixes directory. The compile and install run fine
but when I start up xinit (either directlly or through startx) it dies.
What appears to be happening is that the xterm being started by xinit dies
right away, If I make the source without the patches X starts up.  The
error from xterm was something about Grab and Buttons. Parameter out of
range.  ( I had the message in a file which got blown away when I cleaned
everything out to try making without the patches).

I hate to have to try the patches out one at a time as I will be
compilling into Sept. :-) .  Anyone else run into this problem?

Frank Caggiano, Kepler Financial Management, Ltd.
INTERNET: fcaggian at kepler.com  UUCP: ..!uunet!kepler1!fcaggian
voice: (516) 689-6300 * fax: (516) 751-8678