Can a 60 Mb tape w/ 71 Mb disk Shoebox be used with a SLC or IPC ??

Boon-Ping Chew chew at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Aug 10 06:16:09 AEST 1990

Has anyone tried/know whether an old shoebox unit from the 3/60 era be
used as a boot tape device for the Sun SLC or IPC?  I have been told by
Sun that the boot tapes are in QIC-24 format, I should be able to read the
boot tape. Is that true ? - Boot tape for a SS1/SS1+.  Is it possible for
me to upgrade the 60 Meg unit to a 150 Meg unit ? If so , how can I do it
? - I know that the 60 Meg tape is controlled by an Emulex card, can I
swap out the 60 Meg with an archive 150 Meg unit ?