Sun and the Rocky Mountain Institute

Jonathan Corbet corbet at stout.atd.ucar.edu
Wed Aug 15 11:41:54 AEST 1990

The latest issue of the Rocky Mountain Institute newsletter arrived today.
Looking at the donor list on the back, I was surprised and pleased to see
Sun Microsystems, Inc. listed as a "patron" (> $1K) donor.

RMI (1739 Snowmass Creek Road, Snowmass, CO  81654) is a non-profit
institution headed by Amory and Hunter Lovins, dedicated to finding
solutions to our energy problems.  They've come up with a lot of good
ideas, showing how energy use can be drastically reduced -- while saving
money.  A lot of companies and communities have applied these ideas with
impressive results.

I just wanted to say "Thanks, Sun!" for supporting the Rocky Mountain
Institute.  To me, this sort of support is the sign of a company which is
really aware of the world around it, and wanting to make that world into a
better place.  I appreciate it.

Jonathan Corbet
National Center for Atmospheric Research, Atmospheric Technology Division
corbet at stout.atd.ucar.edu