keyboard usability

Jim Hunt hunt at eng.sun.com
Wed Aug 15 11:03:04 AEST 1990

I asked a long time ago for a way to nuke the caps lock key and got
several replies, from "take it off and throw it away" to "remap the
keyboard with this login trick."  I would like a repeat of the latter.
While on the subject of keyboards, I wish I could remap the function keys,
ideally on the fly for use with various apps during the day, but even per
login would be useful.

Running a 1+ using 4.0.1 (soon to be 4.1, so portable is preferred) and
openwindows.  If it matters, also has color card option (gfx?).