VME Serial Board Wanted

Eric S. Crawley ESC at riverside.scrc.symbolics.com
Tue Aug 7 06:43:00 AEST 1990

Does anyone know about the Sun MCP (Multi-Communications Processor) board?
I'm looking for a common VME serial board that has multiple ports and can
do sync as well as async (this rules out the ALM board).  I'm interested
in the hardware aspects and don't care about any existing software
drivers.

Specifically:

 How many ports does it have?
 Who really makes it?
 What serial controller chips are used?
 What is the VME interface level like (buffers, interrupts, etc.)?

Any additional pertinent information would be appreciated.  Please include
my address on any replies, I'm not a regular reader of Sun-Spots.

Eric Crawley (ESC at Riverside.SCRC.Symbolics.COM)