rstatd: where is TFM?

Steve Nahm sxn at rand.eng.sun.com
Wed Aug 8 05:44:20 AEST 1990

worley at compass.com (Dale Worley) writes:

>Where do I find the spec for making requests to rstatd?  It doesn't seem
>to be in the standard Sun documentation set.

The RPC Language (RPCL) specification file for rstatd can be found in the
file /usr/include/rpcsvc/rstat.x.  You can feed this to rpcgen and produce
client stubs that interface with the rstatd server.

rstat.x, rpcgen, and of course the RPC library can all be found in RPCSRC
4.0, the RPC library source distribution (see message below).  Also in
that distribution under the rpcsvc directory, you will find a simple rstat
client program that functions somewhat like 'rup'.

Steve

Sun's freely licensed RPC/XDR implementation, RPCSRC 4.0, is now available
via anonymous ftp from bcm.tmc.edu and by email from the
archive-server at bcm.tmc.edu.

If you use the archive server, send mail to archive-server at bcm.tmc.edu
with a Subject of "send nfs index" to see all the names of the files.
Sending a message with the Subject "help" will return to you more
information about the archive server itself.

To use anonymous FTP, use the ftp program to connect to bcm.tmc.edu.  When
prompted for a user name, enter "anonymous".  When prompted for a
password, enter your user ID (such as "joeuser at sun.com").  Then change
directories (cd) to the "nfs" directory, where you will find the RPCSRC
files.

There are 17 shar files in the main library and 4 shar files for secure
rpc.

(RPCSRC 4.0 is also available from the sun-spots archive; use
titan.rice.edu for FTP and archive-server at rice.edu for email.)

Steve Nahm                              sxn at sun.COM or sun!sxn