Curses question

Glenn Pitcher edpmgt!gpitcher at decwrl.dec.com
Tue Aug 14 06:41:48 AEST 1990

I'm starting to work with curses and have already run into a bit of a
problem..  I need to be able to tell the difference between the tab (->)
and backtab (<-) keys.  I wrote the following piece of code to give me the
ascii key codes:

in_key = getch();
printf("%X\n",in_key);

The code I get from both the forward and backward tab is 0x09.  Is there
something I'm missing here?  Is there mabey another input function I
should be using???

I called Sun about this problem (are you guys listening) and about all
they could say is that their curses person is out of the office for the
week and they don't know a whole lot about it (jeezzz, how much do I pay a
month for a service contract???).

Thanks in advance,

Glenn Pitcher                              UUCP: {crash,ucsd}!edpmgt!gpitcher
Programmer/Analyst &                                  hp-sdd!teamnet!gpitcher
Unix Guru in training
EDP Management, Inc.                         * Proud member of Team.Net *