Curses question

Guy Harris auspex!guy at uunet.uu.net
Thu Aug 16 06:14:38 AEST 1990

>I'm starting to work with curses and have already run into a bit of a
>problem..  I need to be able to tell the difference between the tab (->)
>and backtab (<-) keys.

At least within a "shelltool" window, there *is* no difference.  SHIFT+TAB
"sends" a TAB character, just as TAB does.  If you want to treat SHIFT+TAB
differently from TAB, you'll either have to roll your own terminal
emulator, or use the window system directly rather than running a "dumb
terminal" program within a "shelltool" (or, if using XView or have SunView
source, hack up the tty subwindow code to treat SHIFT+TAB differently from
TAB, so that there is a differnce in a "shelltool" window).