Porting a BASIC application

Gertjan van Oosten westc!gertjan at relay.eu.net
Wed Aug 8 00:45:01 AEST 1990

A related firm has an application, written in BASIC and running on a Wang
computer system.  They want to port their application to a Sun
SPARCstation.

Questions:

a. Has anyone ever done (something like) this before?

b. Which BASIC was used on the Sun? (To my knowledge, Sun has no 'unbundled
   BASIC' in their product line.)

Also, if you know of the existence of a BASIC for the Sun, please let me
know.  Please don't start discussions like: "Don't use BASIC.", because
the choice is beyond me, and besides it is perhaps cheaper to port an
existing application (that has been running perfectly for years now) than
to rewrite it from scratch in another language.

-- Gertjan van Oosten, gertjan at westc.uucp  OR  mcsun!hp4nl!westc!gertjan
-- West Consulting bv, Phoenixstraat 49, 2611 AL  Delft, The Netherlands
--                     P.O. Box 3318,    2601 DH  Delft
-- Tel: +31-15-123190, Fax: +31-15-147889