Questions on GUIs and APIs

Deutsch gil deutsch at bimacs.biu.ac.il
Mon Aug 6 20:28:06 AEST 1990

Hello SUNland. I have a few SunView/Xview/Motif related questions. Any
info would be appreciated. I will summerize if enough interest.

- How easy is the use of Xview instead of SunView on the sun? Are the
  images much larger?

- Has anybody succeeded in porting Xview to the IBM RS6000? How compatible
  is it with running Xview on the SUNs?

- Does anyone have any experience in writing Graphic applications on the
  Sun Workstation using Motif?

- Can anyone let me know about his expirience in working with an ETHERNET
  network combining SUNs and IBM workstations ?  Are there any problems
  working with such a combination ?  (communications, totaly incompatible
  libraries, ...)

Thanks in advance, Gil Deutsch.