SCSI Disk Drives & SUNS

abdi m oday oday at acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed Aug 1 04:28:02 AEST 1990

I have a very basic question for this group:

Can I take ANY SCSI Disk drive and plug it into a SUN??  Is the Interface
between a SCSI host and a SCSI disk drive a standard interface ?  I am
told that disk drives with an embedded controller will not work with Suns.
How does one determine if a given drive will work with a sun.  The SUN I
am interested in is a Sun 4/110.  If anyone can help me understand this
better, I would be grateful.  Please mail responses to me.  I'll summarize
for the group if there is sufficient interest.

   thanks

   -Abdi Oday
   oday at acsu.buffalo.edu
   Calspan Corp.