Contool 3.0 release

Chuck Musciano chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com
Tue Aug 28 00:17:35 AEST 1990

The official release of contool 3.0 follows this message in six shar
files.

Contool captures and displays messages written to your system console.  It
has features which allow you to ignore certain messages and take action
when other messages arrive.  It is a significant improvement over the
normal console window, which provides no filtering capability.

Contool 3.0 will only run under X Windows, either Open Windows 2.0 from
Sun, or X11R4 with the XView 2.0 libraries from MIT.  If you do not have
either of these packages, I would strongly encourage you to obtain one of
them.

Contool 3.0 offers a number of additional features over its predecessor,
version 2.2, including:

     *	Uses the OPEN LOOK user interface.

     *	Replaces a number of command line options with a comprehensive
      	properties dialog box.

     *	Additional filter actions, including executing arbitrary commands
     	upon receipt of a message.

     *	Tool properties are saved in the configuration file.

     *	Console overflow handling now works.

     *	Contents of the console can be printed.

Contool has been tested extensively on a number of systems running both
Open Windows and X11R4 XView.  My heartfelt gratitude is extended to the
contool beat test team, who wrung many bugs out if the tool so you
wouldn't have to.

Beta testers should obtain this release version to ensure that they are up
to date with this release.

As always, comments and bug reports are solicited.  I hope you find
contool to be useful.

[[Ed's Note: Placed in archives. -bdg]]

FTP:	Hostname : titan.rice.edu (128.42.1.30)
	Directory: sun-source
	Filenames: contool.shar.{1-6}
	Filesize : 233323 bytes in 6 files

Archive Server Address: archive-server at rice.edu
Archive Server Command: send sun-source contool.shar.{1-6}

Chuck Musciano				ARPA  : chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com
Harris Corporation 			Usenet: ...!uunet!x102a!trantor!chuck
PO Box 37, MS 3A/1912			AT&T  : (407) 727-6131
Melbourne, FL 32902			FAX   : (407) 729-2537

I'm glad you asked, son.  Being popular
	is the most important thing in the world.	-- Homer Simpson