Arbiter problems with an Ironics 3272 DMA Board in a SUN 4/390

"Norm_Zeck.WBST128" at xerox.com "Norm_Zeck.WBST128" at xerox.com
Thu Aug 16 01:20:23 AEST 1990

We have been using an Ironics 3272 Data transporter board in a SUN 4/390
to transfer data into and out of a memory board on the VME bus to some
custom hardware we have designed.  Often we note that the SUN crashes with
bus errors which seem to be related to bus master exchanges causing the
SUN arbiter to lock up.

I am looking for anyone that might have experience with this board in a
SUN or similar problems with the SUN VME bus arbiter but with different
boards that are VME bus masters.

Please send responses to NZeck.wbst128 at Xerox.com.

Thanks,
Norm Zeck