SunOS 4.1 & couple of questions

Jussi Eloranta eloranta at jyu.fi
Mon Aug 13 20:07:00 AEST 1990

We have installed sunos 4.1 and got couple of problems with the sys V
stuff that comes with it:

1) Accounting: I have enabled the accounting as described in the system &
Network administration manual. For some reason /usr/lib/runacct (which is
run every night) terminates with an error. The log file looks like this:

   acctcon1: RECOMPILE WITH LARGER A_TSIZE

I noticed that it completed normally (once) during weekend.  Does anyone
know what's wrong?

2) /usr/bin/lp is sys V style printing interface. It supports (according
to the man-page) -o option that specifies printer-dependent options.  Now
how can 'if' (in specified in /etc/printcap) -filter get those options?
This is possible at least in HP-UX which has similar command-line option
(this wasn't the case with sunos).

Thanx,

Jussi Eloranta               Internet(/Bitnet):
University of Jyvaskyla,     eloranta at tukki.jyu.fi
Finland                      [128.214.7.5]