dblks/stream allocation in 4.1 now automagic?

Dan Davison dbd at theory.bchs.uh.edu
Thu Aug 9 02:24:40 AEST 1990

Perusing param.c I notice that there is no longer way to set the number of
dblks.  A netstat -m (?netstat?) shows a new display.

In previous OS releases I've *always* had to pump up the dblk allocations-
they were statically set. There was a note that in param.c that said they
should be dynamically set, so I infer that has finally happened.

My question: Is it reliable? I haven't had any dblk allocation failures
yet but when (not if) they do happen, how do I increase the number of
dblks?

dan davison