SCSI drives with read-ahead caching

Alan Judge ajudge at maths.tcd.ie
Mon Aug 13 00:10:53 AEST 1990

I have an SS1 with a Fujitsu M2263S-512 (655Mb) drive attached; the drive
supports read-ahead caching, which I have enabled. What I would like to
know is whether it is worth adjusting file systems on the drive with
tunefs to take advantage of this cache?

Has anybody any experience with caching drives and tuning? I can try
experimentation, but it would be easier if someone else already has tried
this.

Mail me and I will summarise to the net.

On another subject, has anyone managed to get any SCSI drive to work in
synchronous mode with a SPARCStation?

Alan Judge   ajudge at maths.tcd.ie  a.k.a. amjudge at cs.tcd.ie +353-1-772941 x1782