Ode to a 19" monitor

Gareth Beale gfb at wsc-sun.boeing.com
Thu Aug 2 08:44:05 AEST 1990

|> SPARCstation 1+ and unlike SLC).  Initially, the only monitor available is
|> a 16-inch color monitor.  The CPU box has 2 SBUS slots and has room for a

Is anybody else frustrated at the disappearance of the 19" monitors from
the lower end of the Sun product line?  We started with a bunch of 3/50's
a few years ago, and added some 3/80's later.  The general consensus in
our shop is that the 17" monitors are a little on the small side to run
two windows side by side unless you use a very small font.

We delayed an order for some SLC's because our Sun salesperson told us
support for the 19" monitor was to be announced in July.  This has taken
the form of a vague reference to supporting the 19" monitor on the new
IPC, at twice the price of the SLC.  Why is Sun focusing on such small
monitors for their product line?  Are all you Sun customers content with
them?  I personally like a larger monitor for a windowed environment.

Gareth Beale (206)865-5375  #
Mail Stop 7A-35             #  e-mail:
Boeing Computer Services    #  gfb at wsc-sun.boeing.com
P.O. Box 24346              #  or: