Sun Salesmen

William.Ross at ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu William.Ross at ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 8 03:31:36 AEST 1990

I have been dealing with Sun salesmen in 2 major cities for over 5 years
now.  I am a consistently good customer both in terms of being friendly and
making big purchases.  Why is it then, that I am always treated like dirt
by Sun salesmen?  In the dozens of times I have called Sun I have had a
saleman be at his desk perhaps twice in 5 years.  Every other time I have
had to wait days to be called back (if I am called back AT ALL!).  Right
now I am waiting for the local office manager to return a message I left
for him a week ago.  I guess, when you use mostly Suns, you don't have
alot of choice except to put up with this kind of abuse.  To top it all
off, I have yet to meet a Sun sales rep. who knows anything about
computers yet the few I know sure seem to drive expensive cars...  Enough
ranting, I'd better stop before I have to move this to alt.flame.

    Bill Ross