Mounting Brackets for SS1 (Summary of results)

Alan Clegg matrx!abc at mcnc.org
Wed Aug 15 00:50:46 AEST 1990

First off, let me thank everyone that responded to my inquiry on mounting
hardware for 3.5" media internal to the SparcStation.  Basically, what I
learned was that the mounting hardware (including a 3" SCSI cable and 3"
power connector) cost anywhere from $55 to $85 from many vendors.  If you
need names, look in "SunExpert," "Sun Observer," or any of the related
magazines.

If you think that $55 to $85 is a little too much for a small piece of
plastic and two 3" cables, you might be interested in the following notes.
The names have been removed to protect the guilty...

] We had similar problems here and solved it by using velcro on the drive
] and in the box
]
] Works fine and might even provide better shock isolation than the Sun
] brackets.

----

] use double sided tape, the big spungie kind.  put 4 pieces  on the
] drive and stick it in there.  Be careful where you put it because of
] the tabs that drop down between the drives.  You can get some at your
] local Kmart for pennies.  It works fine in several of our SS1's, and
] doesn't cost $80 apiece.
] ...just a suggestion.

Alan B. Clegg				uucp:  ...!mcnc!matrx!abc
Matrix Corporation			inet: abc at matrix.com
Raleigh, NC
 "They were all wrong.  The workstation model is obsolete." A. Tanenbaum