Aren't there *any* tahoe users out there?

David Osborne dao at cs.nott.ac.uk
Tue Jun 14 02:37:27 AEST 1988

Well, I've had 16 email responses to my plea for news of other tahoe sites!
Thanks very much for all the offers of help and for the
encouraging and supportive comments from
  Dave Rasmussen, Ken Smith, H.P.Penning, Dik Winter, Mark Edwards,
  Robert Ramos, Rick Silterra, Jack Slingwine, Jim Lowe, Lewis Kellum
  and Nick Crossley, among others...
I'll reply to those I can reach by email, but thank you all.

There are a number of system manufacturers in the list of sites
who answered: a couple of Sperry 7000/40s, a couple of Harris systems
and some CCI Power6's.  Does anyone know of others who use the tahoe
architecture?

Also, while a number of sites are running System V, most seemed to
run 4.2BSD, or 4.3.  Those who could compare preferred BSD variants
to System V, either on performance or stability grounds.

I thought this might be of interest.

I hope other folk will send articles in to this group... it's nice to
know there are so many other sites out there, but why is the newsgroup
so quiet?  let's hear from you!
regards,
dave

PS: a pointer on pronunciation would help: "tay-hoe", or "tar-hoe" ??
--
David Osborne
| Cripps Computing Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK |