Adding a second IDE harddrive question

John C. Archambeau jca at pnet01.cts.com
Fri Feb 22 04:56:07 AEST 1991

news at to.rushpc (Usenet news administrator) writes:
>I never saw the original article and I'm new to the net and have difficulty
>posting but, I would like to make the following info available.  I installed
>a second IDE drive, Seagate 71MB, I believe it was an ST271.  Anyway I could
>not get it to work and after talking with Seagate Tech Support, I found that
>you do have to put a twist in the cable.  Pin 1 starts on the opposite end
>of the connector from all there other drives.  After I put the twist in, the
>second drive worked like a champ.

Hmm.  That was not the case when I installed a pair of Conner CP-3184's in a
Novell server awhile back.

Again, your mileage will vary.

     // JCA

 /*
 ** Flames  : /dev/null                     | What to buy?
 ** ARPANET : crash!pnet01!jca at nosc.mil     | EISA or MCA?
 ** INTERNET: jca at pnet01.cts.com            | When will the bus wars end?
 ** UUCP    : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca