VP/ix over serial/modem lines

Thomas Hoberg tmh at bigfoot.FOKUS.GMD.DBP.DE
Sun Feb 17 04:26:47 AEST 1991

In article <170 at rubys.UUCP>, dnb at rubys.UUCP (Dave Buonomo) writes:
|> I'm running VP/ix on top of Interactive UNIX Sys V 3.2.2.  I would like to
|> dial-in to this box from a PC and run VP/ix remotely and would like to know
|> of any experiences with this, or wheather it is even practical.  In
|> particular, what type of terminal emulation is necessary from a dial-in PC?
|> Will I need a terminal emulation package to emulate a "PC/AT" type terminal?
|> Other than graphics applications (I think it's safe to rule out these over
|> dial-in lines), is there a TERM type that I need to set to fully support
|> "character" graphics, full-screen cursor addressing, etc.?
|>
|> I'd also like to know of any other configuration items I need to be
concerned
|> with on the UNIX box in relation to VP/ix.  Thanks in advance.
|>
|> David Buonomo
|> ...!uunet!fltk!ruby!dnb
|> (301)916-0807
I'd really be interested in a small PD scan-code terminal emulatore myself,
preferably in source so I can adapt it. I'd also just love to have scan-code
terminal emulation built into telnet. Asking too much?
----
Thomas M. Hoberg   | UUCP: tmh at bigfoot.first.gmd.de  or  tmh%gmdtub at tub.UUCP
c/o GMD Berlin     |       ...!unido!tub!gmdtub!tmh (Europe) or
D-1000 Berlin 12   |       ...!unido!tub!tmh
Hardenbergplatz 2  |       ...!pyramid!tub!tmh (World)
Germany            | BITNET: tmh%DB0TUI6.BITNET at DB0TUI11 or
+49-30-254 99 160  |         tmh at tub.BITNET