VP/ix over serial/modem lines

Dave McLane davidg%aegis.or.jp at kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Feb 12 01:43:50 AEST 1991

pat at rwing.UUCP (Pat Myrto) writes:

> In article <170 at rubys.UUCP> dnb at rubys.UUCP (Dave Buonomo) writes:
> >I'm running VP/ix on top of Interactive UNIX Sys V 3.2.2.  I would like to
> >dial-in to this box from a PC and run VP/ix remotely and would like to know
> >of any experiences with this, or wheather it is even practical.  In
> >
> >I'd also like to know of any other configuration items I need to be concerne
> >with on the UNIX box in relation to VP/ix.  Thanks in advance.
>
> What you propose to do works fine.  The terminal types supported are

I just got my ISC V3.3 R2.2 set up to run VP/ix and while most of
what you say is what I've seen, there is one major glitch: if I
lose the carrier while in VP/ix, the task just sits there as a
sub-task under getty and doesn't abort. If I log onto another line
and kill -9 the VPIX task, then getty respawns.

Maybe I haven't installed VP/ix right.....

--Dave McLane <davidg%aegis.or.jp at kyoto-u.ac.jp>