SECURITY BUG IN DELL UNIX V.3.2/1.0 - RESOLVED

robert.m.zachok rmz at cbnewsi.att.com
Wed Feb 20 07:59:07 AEST 1991

A few days ago, I posted an article stating that earlier versions (1.0.6)
of Dell UNIX did indeed have the now infamous security bug.  To my amazement,
I received e-mail from James VanArtsdalen, and James Howard from Dell,
suggesting that I contact Dell tech support.
Well, Steve Blair of Dell tech support finally chased ME down via
telephone (his nickel), asking how & where to send the upgrade to
version 1.1.
I'm happy to announce that my upgrade is on the way. (Btw - I don't even
have a tech support contract on that system).

Hey ISC, take a lesson from a company that's really consumer oriented!

Steve told me that any other Dell customers with the same problem should
also contact Dell tech support for their upgrade.

P.S.  I have no affiliation with Dell except as a satisfied and pleasantly
surprised customer.

Bob Zachok
rmz at cbnewsi.att.com
(908) 957-2301