Equinox hardware flow control

Super user root at equinox.UUCP
Fri Feb 22 08:07:27 AEST 1991

In article <30021 at zygot.ati.com> john at zygot.ati.com (John Higdon) writes:
>In article <1991Feb14.134714.5407 at nstar.rn.com> larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>>bill at astph.UUCP (Bill Dripps) writes:
>
>>>Anybody know how to turn on hardware flow control using ISC UNIX? The
>>>manual tells how for Xenix, but no hints for ISC. Did I miss it?
>
>>Hardware flow control for ISC Unix is not supported (so I've been
>>told) with the Equinox or stock ISC ASY driver.

We've just added a new megaport utility for Interactive and
System V Unix compatibles:

megastty +cts and megastty -cts

this turns on hardware flow control for Interactive. I appreciate
everyone's input and explainations on this thread. USENET, is by
far, one of the best 'fingers on the pulse' we've got. Call or email
me if you want/need this driver fix.

For the WordPerfect PC TERM problem, we have a call into WordPerfect.
Ben Berger tells me that Microsoft Word (which runs in PC Term mode)
and VP/ix (also, PC TERM) have no problem with 38.4K baud and xon/xoff.
We suspect, that if these other like-type applications work, WP may
be missing an ioctl call. But we don't know until we call WordPerfect.
Remember, WordPerfect runs ok at 19.2K baud. I don't want it to look
like we're pointing the fingers at WP. Stay tuned for further messages.

BTW, I'm bringing donuts for our missing Support people, Monday...