Equinox hardware flow control

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Wed Feb 20 00:40:13 AEST 1991

root at equinox.UUCP (Super user) writes:

>Hi, Larry, I find this hard to believe, but what I've been told is that
>Interactive does not support hardware flow control RTS/CTS. Is this
>true?

yes - for the stock drivers (so I've been told - again, I'm not using
the stock ASY drivers here on nstar.rn.com)

>I'd try it anyway. Use the stty command and turn on rtsflow and ctsflow
>and turn off ixon. I know under SCO Unix this works and I can't believe
>that Interactive wouldn't support something this basic. There's no need
>to use the +fmc flag unless you want hardware flow control with full
>modem control. What kind of device are you hooking up?

high speed modems - all of them locked at 19200 and 38400 baud with
complete hardware flow control (no XON-XOFF).  The multiport board
is a Computone Intelliport with a 10 mhz 80186.  I also have a mouse
on a dumb port using the stock ISC drivers..

--
   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator