1 Gigabyte drives

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Fri Feb 22 06:42:15 AEST 1991

jka at radar0.larc.nasa.gov (J. Keith Alston) writes:
>     I'm running interactive unix 2.2 and am looking into 1 Gb. SCSI
>     drives. I have the Adaptec 1542A controller and am thinking about

With SCSI you will get better performance from 2 670MB drives than from
a single 1GB drive.

>     a Fujitsu drive because of the 5 yr warrenty. Anyone out there have
>     any experience good or bad, with 1 Gb. drives under ISC 2.2? Any help

They work (we set up a system for a client with a seagate 1GB).  NO problems
with the setup or since delivery.  The only thing to remember is that
file system mount/unmount time will be very long when ISC reads the free
list unless you fill up the drive.

--
Conor P. Cahill            (703)430-9247        Virtual Technologies, Inc.
                                                Sterling, VA 22170