VP/ix over serial/modem lines

Horst Laumer hotte at sunrise.in-berlin.de
Wed Feb 13 23:39:59 AEST 1991

dnb at rubys.UUCP (Dave Buonomo) writes:

>I'm running VP/ix on top of Interactive UNIX Sys V 3.2.2.  I would like to
>dial-in to this box from a PC and run VP/ix remotely and would like to know
>of any experiences with this, or wheather it is even practical.  In
>particular, what type of terminal emulation is necessary from a dial-in PC?
>Will I need a terminal emulation package to emulate a "PC/AT" type terminal?
>Other than graphics applications (I think it's safe to rule out these over
>dial-in lines), is there a TERM type that I need to set to fully support
>"character" graphics, full-screen cursor addressing, etc.?

>I'd also like to know of any other configuration items I need to be concerned
>with on the UNIX box in relation to VP/ix.  Thanks in advance.

>David Buonomo

If you come over from a PC, there might be no problem. I've done this using
TUN (Terminal UNiversel) by ESKER. Also did id with Wyse 120, but there was
a fix to be made in the fvpix-string. In general, take a look at the files
in /usr/vpix/term/ to get some hints. If that is still insufficient with
regard to the man-pages, email me, and I will try to get you to efforts.

Horst