SECURITY BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX SYSV386

Brandon Brown brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 23 02:30:07 AEST 1991

rhealey at digibd.com (Rob Healey) writes:

>>Dave, sorry you have had a "bad experience" with ISC. I have never had
>>anything but GREAT response, even a time when I trashed my install diskette
>>4 times before moving my 16-bit video card to an 8-bit slot. (Terrible fix,
>>I know, but all I wanted to do was get a working system going.) On each
>>occasion I received a replacement install disk UPS RED.
>>
>	Maybe you've had great response because your site is a huge
>	customer rather than a single user or small company?

Well, considering my little business has one employee, "me", most would consider
it a small company. But, as you state later in your message, the same
feelings I have. Everyone is important. Small guy to the large company.
Many times it is the small guy that influences many other sales. If a
company tries to screw with me in the manner you describe, I simply threaten
to never recommend their product to anyone else. With a client list of
several "small" local companies, a few larger companies, and working for a
University, I generally don't catch much from companies. But, I can assure you,
again, ISC treats me well....

>	It surprised me how vendor attitude changed when I called them
>	as a single user vs. a worker at a University. I was treated like
>	sh*t when I called as a single user, I was treated like a king
>	when I called as a rep. of the U. What do you think my opinions
>	of those companys were? Guess which companys didn't get my
>	recommendation when time came to upgrade or purchase?

>	The good companys treat EVERY customer well, not just the big
>	accounts.

|  Brandon Brown                     | Internet: brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu    |
|  Coordinated Science Laboratory    | UUCP:	 uiucuxc!addamax!brando!brown |
|  University of Illinois            | CompuServe: 73040,447                  |
|  Urbana, IL  61801                 | GEnie:    macbrando                    |