X386 1.1

David Van Beveren dvb at emisle.uucp
Mon Feb 18 09:57:50 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb14.063004.4923 at towers.uucp> robert at towers.uucp (Robert Hoquim) writes:
><1120 at applix.com>
><1991Feb13.093313.1045 at newsserv.informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
>
>roell at informatik.tu-muenchen.de (Thomas Roell) writes:
>
>>I simple think that over 1MBytes sources might be to big to post it via
>>usnet.
>
>This may be true but alt.sex.pictures manages to burn up 5 or 6 megs some
>days posting X rated Gifs.  If a useless newsgroup like that can waste the
>bandwith I am sure that a post into comp.sources.x by you at release time
>would be welcomed.

Please do not do that. Not everybody on usenet is on a big high speed direct
link net. Many sites, like mine, are dialup. We get selective feeds, not the
useless stuff (alt.{most anything}, etc). I get 20 newsgroups. People who post
to multiple newsgroups are bad enough. Posting a big system would be very
expensive. Once it arrives in the US, most anyone who wants it will be able
to download it with ftp, or use a mail server. Be patient, you will get your
copy in good time. You have lived without it until now, right?

--
David Van Beveren                           INTERNET: emisle!dvb at ism.isc.com
EIS ltd. Professional Software Services     UUCP:   ..uunet!emisle!dvb