X386 1.1

Bill Poitras bill at polygen.uucp
Tue Feb 26 05:08:48 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb14.063004.4923 at towers.uucp> robert at towers.uucp (Robert Hoquim) writes:
>>I simple think that over 1MBytes sources might be to big to post it via
>>usnet.
>
>This may be true but alt.sex.pictures manages to burn up 5 or 6 megs some
>days posting X rated Gifs.  If a useless newsgroup like that can waste the
>bandwith I am sure that a post into comp.sources.x by you at release time
>would be welcomed.

Alt.sex.pictures is (surprising enough :-) an alt newsgroup, it is part
of the altnet.  It is not an official newsgroup.  If you choose not
to get alt.sex.pictures, you can stop getting it.  I can't say that I
would want to get rid of comp.sources.unix to prevent postings of >1MB.
Also, It is a moderated newsgroup.  The moderator would have to package
up the posting and make sure it works, on top of other postings, on top
of his/her job.