SECURITY BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX SYSV386

Rob Healey rhealey at digibd.com
Fri Feb 22 08:25:18 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb14.174314.475 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu (Brandon Brown) writes:
>davidg at aegis.UUCP (Dave McLane) writes:
>>As a sample of how "fast" ISC responds, I have been trying for a
>>month to get them to send me a replacement for the disk that was
>>supposed to update my $2149 Architech Developer to Multi-User. The
>>disk got an Uncorrectable data read error, not doubt because the
>>little cutout for the timing signal hole was running around loose
>>in the disk which happened to drop out on my foot when I pulled the
>>disk out ... "Eh, what's that. Oh shit!"
>
>Dave, sorry you have had a "bad experience" with ISC. I have never had
>anything but GREAT response, even a time when I trashed my install diskette
>4 times before moving my 16-bit video card to an 8-bit slot. (Terrible fix,
>I know, but all I wanted to do was get a working system going.) On each
>occasion I received a replacement install disk UPS RED.

	Maybe you've had great response because your site is a huge
	customer rather than a single user or small company?

	It surprised me how vendor attitude changed when I called them
	as a single user vs. a worker at a University. I was treated like
	sh*t when I called as a single user, I was treated like a king
	when I called as a rep. of the U. What do you think my opinions
	of those companys were? Guess which companys didn't get my
	recommendation when time came to upgrade or purchase?

	The good companys treat EVERY customer well, not just the big
	accounts.

		-Rob

Speaking for self, not company.