YELP about obtaining nroff (longish)

Palmer Davis davisp at skybridge.SCL.CWRU.Edu
Fri Feb 8 20:34:56 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb07.195547.22813 at crom2.uucp> jim at crom2.uucp (James P. H. Fuller) writes:

>   WHERE CAN I GET NROFF?  (I can't FTP, I'm a uucp-only site.)
>
>   Or where can I get fake nroff, or enough of nroff to read all these
>&^*%$$# heiroglyphic man pages?  Is it all a conspiricy to make me hand over
>another 400 bucks to Interactive?  I know, money solves a lot of problems.

Henry Spencer wrote an implementation of nroff based on awk; it was posted
to alt.sources a few months ago.  It handles -man and a subset of -ms and
should be just fine for the purposes you described.  Just find an anonymous
UUCP site that carries the alt.sources archive and you're all set.

-- PTD --

--
Palmer T. Davis                 |  davisp at scl.cwru.edu  -OR-  ptd2 at po.cwru.edu
Case Western Reserve University | {att,sun,decvax,uunet}!cwjcc!skybridge!davisp