SYSV R4.0 High speed UUCP

Robert W. Withrow witr at rwwa.COM
Fri Feb 8 09:47:52 AEST 1991

I am having major difficulties getting Intel SysvR4 UUCP to work using
a V.32/V.42bis modem (to uunet).  The problem is that uucico will quit
(after a while) saying ``alarm n'' where n is 1 through 5.  When this
happens I see that my machine is sending a message to UUNET, but UUNET
is not responding.  My machine has NS16550A uarts, and I have tried
both the built in ASY driver, and the FAS driver.  Neither fixes the
problem.  I am trying determine whether SYSVR4 UUCP is broken, or if
the problem is with UUNET.

If someone knows any tricks about this, could he/she send me some
mail?

Thanks!
--
---
 Robert Withrow, R.W. Withrow Associates, Swampscott MA 01907 USA