ld aux table overflow

Fredrik Stax{ng fredriks at kuling.UUCP
Tue Feb 5 00:49:46 AEST 1991

I am using C++ on Interactive UNIX, and I keep getting aux table
overflow with Interactive's linker. I have reduced the number of symbols
several times, but it is only a temporary solution.

What is the aux table, and what can be done to reduce the need for entries
in it?

Is there a way around this, or an alternative linker to be found anywhere?
I know of GNU:s ld, and as far as I know, it does not link COFF. The  LPI
linker lpild is just a shell script around the normal linker. Do any of the
C++ implementaions come with it's own linker? (HCR and Oregon does not).

--
Fredrik Stax{ng                | Unix is the last operating system. Any
CS Student at Uppsala University  | new will be strictly in the Unix tradition.