Equinox hardware flow control

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Mon Feb 18 11:34:10 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb14.134714.5407 at nstar.rn.com> larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>bill at astph.UUCP (Bill Dripps) writes:
>
>>We are evaluating Equinox's 24 port Megaport. It looks like a good
>>board. Unfortunately the key tech support person is on vacation this
>>week. Sigh.
>
>>Anybody know how to turn on hardware flow control using ISC UNIX? The
>>manual tells how for Xenix, but no hints for ISC. Did I miss it?
>
>Hardware flow control for ISC Unix is not supported (so I've been
>told) with the Equinox or stock ISC ASY driver.

Nonsense.

megamap +fmc </dev/ttyxx

And it's on.  Full-time.  Until you reboot.

This only works on Megaport boards, not the stock ISC driver :-)

-
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 808-7300], Voice: [+1 708 808-7200]
Macro Computer Solutions, Inc.   "Quality Solutions at a Fair Price"