Equinox hardware flow control

John Higdon john at zygot.ati.com
Mon Feb 18 07:29:05 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb14.134714.5407 at nstar.rn.com> larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>bill at astph.UUCP (Bill Dripps) writes:

>>Anybody know how to turn on hardware flow control using ISC UNIX? The
>>manual tells how for Xenix, but no hints for ISC. Did I miss it?

>Hardware flow control for ISC Unix is not supported (so I've been
>told) with the Equinox or stock ISC ASY driver.

According to the Equinox manual, flow control is not supported.
However, it goes on to say that flow control with a Trailblazer is not
required, since the ports have the ability to keep up with continuous
transmission at 38.4 K without it.

I am using the Equinox Megaport without flow control for five
Trailblazers and ISC. It has absolutely no difficulty whatsoever.
    john at zygot.ati.com      | San Jose, CA 95150 |       M o o !