Computone/Intelliport device drivers .vs. FAS

Leigh Clayton loc at yrloc.ipsa.reuter.COM
Sun Feb 3 23:24:32 AEST 1991

 I have not been able to get much information about the Computone
device drivers, and the problems I've had with the thing I've been left
to myself to deal with (Neither ISC nor Computone seems to care whether
the thing works in 386/ix or not).

 I'd dearly love to get a driver that I have source for, and don't mind
doing some hacking, but does anyone know whether FAS can be expected
to 'basically' support this board? By that I mean that I can't even find
mention in my system files of the Interrupt vectors, IO port addresses,
and so forth that the thing uses, let alone how it's 8-port multipexing
works and stuff like that.

 If (as I guess) the answer is 'no', can anyone suggest some other way
to achieve the same thing? I have no budget, and don't (corporately)
even own the board, so $$ outlay will have to be low enough that I'm
willing to pay out of my own pocket to remove the aggravation I currently
experience with the stupid thing (it's fast, but that's little consolation
when I can't get it to work properly).

 Thanks ../Leigh