Does anyone have the Wangdat model 1300 working?

John M. Haugen haugen at bulus3bma.com
Sat Feb 16 07:55:54 AEST 1991

I have a Wangdat model 1300 DAT drive sitting on a shelf waiting for a method
to get it working under Interactive or SCO unix.  Anyone have this working
on there system already?

I have tried to attach it to an Adaptec 1640 SCSI controller and configure the
kernal to use the GENERIC TAPE interface but it just doesn't work well.  I can
write to it but I get "bad magic..." message when trying to read it back.

For SCO, the release notes don't specify much for SCSI tape support.  Only the
Archive units are specified.  No mention about a generic driver.

Has anyone gotten the Wangdat drive to work on their system??

John M. Haugen              Domain:  haugen at BMA.COM
Bull Micral of America      UUCP:    ...!uunet!bulus3!haugen
900 Long Lake Road          ATT:  612-633-5660
New Brighton, MN  55112-6400