Microsoft C offsets BUG in 386's

Ronald S H Khoo ronald at robobar.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 18:29:26 AEST 1991

sef at sco.COM (Sean Eric Fagan) writes:

> Note that,
> for the 2.3.0 ds, there is an SLS (lng055, I believe) which
> consists of little else besides the compiler, since the 4.5ish
> compiler received so many complaints.

I think Sean's thinking of lng085, of which:

/* As quoted from scolon!/usr/spool/uucppublic/SLS/info
 * New on 9/28/90:
 *
 *     lng085:  No longer available, replaced by lng244.
 * end of quote from scolon!/usr/spool/uucppublic/SLS/info */

Note that lng244 is relative to 2.3.1 DS, so apparently there is no
longer a free upgrade for our friend in the Soviet Union.  Still,
he's got GCC so what does it matter? :-)

I *can* independently confirm that lng085's compiler does not have
the bug, whereas 4.85's compiler does.  I'm also just about
to wipe most of these compiler passes off my disc (ENOSPC), so 'scuse me...

--
Ronald Khoo <ronald at robobar.co.uk> +44 81 991 1142 (O) +44 71 229 7741 (H)