ftp under ISC 2.2 TCP/IP

William G. Bunton wgb at balkan.TNT.COM
Tue Feb 26 00:57:17 AEST 1991

In article <363 at abhg.UUCP> misko at abhg.UUCP (William Miskovetz) writes:
>Great thanks go out to Don.  I had 3 entries in my /etc/shells file.
>Deleting one of them got FTP working just fine.  I can now log in as
>a regular user and use FTP.  This is a very strange bug.  And I would
>consider it a bug.  Of course maybe it's documented and I missed it.

For what it's worth, here's my /etc/shells:

#
# Let's insert some comments, to make getusershell allocate
# a bit more memory.  Maybe that will help some.
#
/bin/sh
/bin/csh
/bin/tcsh
/bin/bash
/bin/ksh

And, in response to the comment, that did help.  Seems there's a
memory allocation bug in getusershell; the comment forces it to
allocate more memory, and things work fine now.
--
William G. Bunton              | An engineer is a man who can do for five bob
wgb at balkan.tnt.com             | what any bloody fool can do for a quid.