VP/ix over serial/modem lines

Dave Buonomo dnb at rubys.UUCP
Tue Feb 5 23:42:08 AEST 1991

I'm running VP/ix on top of Interactive UNIX Sys V 3.2.2.  I would like to
dial-in to this box from a PC and run VP/ix remotely and would like to know
of any experiences with this, or wheather it is even practical.  In
particular, what type of terminal emulation is necessary from a dial-in PC?
Will I need a terminal emulation package to emulate a "PC/AT" type terminal?
Other than graphics applications (I think it's safe to rule out these over
dial-in lines), is there a TERM type that I need to set to fully support
"character" graphics, full-screen cursor addressing, etc.?

I'd also like to know of any other configuration items I need to be concerned
with on the UNIX box in relation to VP/ix.  Thanks in advance.

David Buonomo
...!uunet!fltk!ruby!dnb
(301)916-0807